ShotCut 16.01 x64 | 178.0 MB
Shotcut is a simple and user-friendly video editor that offers a series of features and functions to help you adjust and retouch your favorite movies, in just a few clicks of your mouse.
- supports oodles of audio and video formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg (or libav as-built)
- supports many image formats such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF as well as image sequences
- no import required - native editing
- frame-accurate seeking for many formats
- multi-format timeline: mix and match resolutions and frame rates within a project
- network stream playback (HTTP, HLS, RTMP, RTSP, MMS, UDP)
- frei0r video generator plugins (e.g. color bars and plasma)
- Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring
- JACK transport sync
- detailed media properties panel
- recent files panel with search
- drag-n-drop files from file manager
- save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file
- load and play complex MLT XML file as a clip
- audio signal level meter
- volume control
- scrubbing and transport control
- flexible UI through dock-able panels
- encode/transcode to a variety of formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg (or libav as-built)
- capture (record) SDI, HDMI, webcam (V4L2), JACK, PulseAudio, IP streams, X11 screen
- stream (encode to IP) files and any capture source
- batch encoding with job control
- create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML projects (with auto-save)
- unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view
- connect to Melted servers over MVCP TCP protocol
- control the transport playback of Melted units
- edit Melted playlists including suport for undo/redo
- OpenGL GPU-based image processing
- multi-core parallel image processing (when not using GPU and frame-dropping is disabled)
- video filters: Blur, Color Grading, Crop, Diffusion, Glow, Invert Colors, Mirror, Opacity, Rotate, Saturation, Sepia Tone, Sharpen, Size and Position, Stabilize, Text, Vignette, Wave, White Balance
- audio filters: Balance, Copy Channel, Downmix, Gain, Normlize, Pan, Swap Channels
- 3-way (shadows, mids, highlights) color wheels for color correction and grading
- eye dropper tool to pick neutral color for white balancing
- UI translations: Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, English, French, German, Portugese, Spanish (not all 100%, but you can help)
- HTML5 (sans audio and video) as video source and filters
- Leap Motion for jog/shuttle control
- DeckLink SDI keyer output
- UI themes/skins: native-OS look and custom dark and light
- control video zoom in the player: fit viewable area (default), 50%, original (100%), and 200%
- multitrack timeline with thumbnails and waveforms
- thumbnail and waveform caching between sessions
- audio mixing across all tracks
- video compositing across video tracks
- trimming (on timeline)
- append, insert, overwrite, lift, and delete (ripple) editing on the timeline
- 3-point editing
- external monitoring on an extra system display/monitor
- fade in and out audio and fade video from and to black with easy-to-use fader controls on timeline
- cross-fade audio and video dissolve transitions easily by overlapping shots on the same track of the timeline
- video wipe transitions: bar, barn door, box, clock (radial), diagonal, iris, matrix, and custom gradient image
New Release 16.01
Sat, 02 Jan 2016 20:13:00 +0000
Version 16.01 is now available for download. We added two big new features for this release: clip speed and chroma key! Here is the full list new things:
Added Speed parameter to Properties for an audio/video clip.
clip speed screenshot
Added Properties views for track and timeline when selected. Click track head to select track; click the timeline's cornerstone (top left block) to select the timeline.
Added Blend mode to track properties (not available in GPU processing mode; only applies when compositing is enabled in the track header).
Added Alpha Channel: View video filter.
Added Alpha Channel: Adjust video filter.
Added Chroma Key: Simple video filter.
Added Chroma Key: Advanced video filter.
Added Key Spill: Simple video filter.
Added Key Spill: Advanced video filter.
All of the new video filters are intended to facilitate chroma keying; however, the Alpha Channel filters do have some general usefulness outside of keying. Please note that "Alpha Channel: View" is not really intended to be an effect that gets baked into your rendered and encoded output. You can leave it in the filter list, but toggle the filter by clicking the checkbox or double-clicking its name in the list of attached filters to turn it off. "Key Spill" is also know as "color spill" and "spill suppression," and it refers to the background color bleeding into the foreground. None of these new video filters can utilize GPU-processing at this time; however, they do support multi-core rendering when Settings > Realtime is turned off or when exporting. You can use them in conjunction with GPU processsing; they just will not take advantage of the speed and quality the GPU mode provides.
Regarding speed control, it is a simple frame-drop/-duplicate approach. It does not attempt to do any frame-blending or advanced optical flow analysis. Now, with that said, you can get nice results slowing down high frame-rate footage. However, you must ensure that your project is running at a typical 24 - 60 fps because Settings > Video Mode > Automatic may otherwise adopt the clip's frame rate. (In automatic mode, the project is based on the first item you add to the playlist or timeline or on the opened clip if playlist or timeline is not used.)