Sasha Davies and David Bleckmann, "The Cheesemaker's Apprentice: An Insider's Guide to the Art and Craft of Homemade Artisan Cheese, Taught by the Masters"
English | 2012 | ISBN: 1592537553 | ISBN-13: 9781592537556 | 176 pages | PDF | 39 MB
How to Make Your Own Handcrafted Cheese
Learn to make cheese from the masters. Pick up the fundamentals of cheese making, and then gain behind-the-scenes insight from 19 interviews with industry experts. This apprenticeship will teach you to take control of your ingredients and processes. Your results will be delicious.
* All the basics you need to get started: ingredients, equipment, taxonomy, techniques, process, and how it works
* 16 illustrated, step-by-step recipes-for fresh cheese, washed curd, grana-style, blue cheese, and more-that will build your skills
* In-depth interviews on everything from the microbiology of cheese to making it to selling it-how cheese works, and how to make it work for you
* Tricks of the trade from experts on mozzarella, Cheddar, Comte, Parmigiano Reggiano, Stilton, and more
* Tips on selecting, handling, storing, tasting, and pairing cheese, so it will be presented perfectly whether your goal is to make it at home, sell it, or simply enjoy it