Family Tree Maker 2014 Platinum Edition ISO (x86/x64) | 671.59 MB
With dozens of exciting new features and enhancements to simplify your tasks, Family Tree Maker 2014 makes building and sharing your family tree easier than ever. Enjoy new Family View for a broader view of your tree and explore new enhanced charts and reports, including more print options. And the more robust and reliable TreeSync lets you sync your tree from your computer, tablet or smartphone, so you always know youre accessing and sharing the very latest.
Family Tree Maker lets you easily:
- Organise your family story privately and conveniently on your desktop computer or laptop.
- Build your family tree as Ancestry.co.uk searches millions of historical records.
- IMPROVED! Get started quickly with an easy-to-use interface.
- IMPROVED! Update your tree using TreeSync from any computer with a Web browser or with your mobile device.
- NEW! View your tree two ways in Family View or Pedigree View.
- IMPROVED! Get your questions answered with upgraded help topics.
- NEW! Export a branch of your tree or automatically sort children in families using simplified common tasks.
- IMPROVED! Print your tree using new enhancements to charts and reports including customisable list report
Take a Tour of Family Tree Maker
Are you wondering how Family Tree Maker can help you easily create and share your family tree? Let us take you on a quick walk-though of the software. Well take a closer look at some of the key features and tools that are available and show you why Family Tree Maker is the best option to help you discover, organise, and show off your family history.
Start Your Tree Quickly
Start your family tree is simple. If this is your first tree, enter a few brief facts about you and your parents and youre on your way. You can also import a file from another genealogy program or download a Member Tree youve created on Ancestry.co.uk
Add Family Members to your Tree
The Family tab gives you a comprehensive view of your tree. You can see several generations of your family at once and jump to any person in your tree with a single click. In this view you can also add children and ancestors for an individual and add life events.
The Person tab focuses on a single individual. You can add facts, notes, or media items for an individual; view a timeline of those life events blended with other family members life events and historical events; or, you can see a list of all the members of an individuals family- spouses, children, parents, and siblings. A mini pedigree tree below the main tool bar lets you navigate to anyone in your tree.
Illustrate Your Family History
Most genealogy programs let you add media items to a family tree. And Family Tree Maker is no exception. You can incorporate photographs, important documents, and video and sound clips into your tree, which can be used in charts, family history books, and slideshows.
But Family Tree Maker goes beyond the typical genealogy program. You can use categories to quickly organise and sort your media, scan images directly into your media collection, and link media items to multiple people in your tree. And each time you add a media item to your tree, you can link it to the original file into your tree, which minimises file sizes that might slow you down.
Create Keepsake Charts
The more you learn about your family the more youll want to share and the powerful charting tools in Family Tree Maker make it easy. You might want to frame a tree to hang in your home, create a poster to display at a family reunion, or email customised charts to distant relatives.
You can choose from:
- Ancestor tree charts; Fan-Shaped & Vertical
- Descendant charts
- Hourglass charts
- Pedigree charts
- Bow Tie charts
- Extended family charts
- Family tree charts
- Relationship charts
Leave a Legacy
Wouldnt you love to have a printed family history where you can share your family stories, photographs, maps, and research? Family Tree Maker gives you the power to combine your choice of printouts from pedigree charts, kinship reports, and genealogy reports to timelines, and more into one continuous document. Family Tree Maker can automatically generate a table of contents and index of individuals, and you have a complete, book. When youre finished, print and bind it to create a unique gift for your family to cherish. You can also export it as a PDF that can be e-mailed to your friends and family.
Not sure how to get started? Family Tree Maker can help. Smart Stories is a narrative tool that lets you create biographies using facts, images, and notes youve already entered in your tree. Simply drag-and-drop into the story. And Smart Stories text is linked to your tree so if you make changes, the text will be updated automatically.
Explore Your Data
Reports are mainstays of family historians. You can create detailed reports about a single family, such as the family group sheet; relationship reports that show marriage events or parentage facts; and more. Simply select the type of report and format you want, then print Family Tree Maker does the work for you. You can even save your settings in one report and apply them to a different report. Or, export your report and edit it in a spreadsheet or word-processing program.
Family Tree Maker includes these report types:
- Custom report
- Marriage report
- Media item report
- Media usage report
- Research journal
- Source usage report
- Surname report
- Data errors report
- Descendant report
- Family group sheet
- Index of Individuals
- Kinship Report
- LDS ordinances report
- Notes report
- Outline Descendant
- Parentage report
- Photo Album
- Place usage report
Place Your Ancestors on the Map
As you record the important events in your ancestors lives, youll identify the towns, cities, and countries that shaped their daily lives. And Family Tree Maker has partnered with WeiRuan-->WeiRuan Bing Maps so you can view these important locations using dynamic online maps. Visit the town in Ireland where your grandmother was born, locate the battlefield where your uncle died in WWII, and let Family Tree Maker bring your ancestral homelands to life.
You can also create and print migration maps to show event locations for individuals or families
TreeSync-The TreeSync feature lets you create a link between your Family Tree Maker tree and its corresponding tree on Ancestry.co.uk. And when your trees are linked together you can update either tree and synchronise those changes into the other tree -manually or automatically. Syncing your Family Tree Maker tree and online Ancestry tree has many benefits that no other software can offer:
Manage Your Sources
Family Tree Maker makes it easy to document the facts behind your family tree. All your sources can be viewed and edited in one central location. You can even rate sources and attach a single source to multiple people and facts.
Dont know how to cite sources? Dont worry. Family Tree Maker includes source templates that can tell you exactly what kind of information you need to record for hundreds of source types.
Grow Your Tree with Ancestry Hints
Family Tree Maker and Ancestry.co.uk work together to help you fill in those blanks in your family tree. Family Tree Maker automatically searches the vast collection of genealogy records on Ancestry.co.uk looking for information that matches people in your tree. When a possible match is found, a green leaf or hint appears. If the record matches someone in your tree, you can merge information and images directly into your tree
Manage Your Sources
Family Tree Maker is integrated with Ancestry.co.uk the UKs largest online family history resource. Using your subscription to Ancestry.co.uk, you can access billions of records and join a worldwide community of family history enthusiasts.
If you have an Ancestry Member Tree, you can download it into Family Tree Maker and use it to either create a new tree or merge it with another. And if you want to share your tree with others, upload your tree to Ancestry.co.uk in one step; it will contain not only the dates, names, and places, but all your media items, sources, and Ancestry records.
Family Tree Maker contains a variety of innovative and advanced features that both beginners and experts will enjoy.
Import Family Trees in a variety of different sources. In addition to importing GEDCOMs, you can also import files created in Legacy Family Tree, The Master Genealogist, and Family Search Personal Ancestral File.
Capture Information Anywhere on the Web
You like being able to view Ancestry.co.uk records within Family Tree Maker and merge them into your tree. Now you can search the entire Web and use the Web-clipping tool to easily import images, facts, and notes into your tree; you can even save an archived version of a Web page.
Create and Display Custom Facts
Although Family Tree Maker comes with a variety of default facts, you may want to create custom facts that work for your family tree. For example, if you are trying to track your ancestors by censuses, you may want to create a custom fact for each census year. You can also customise the editing panel on the Family tab to display any facts you like.
Keep your tree organised and accurate
Family Tree Maker has relationship and date calculators, a global spell checker, tools for locating duplicate individuals and tools for locating duplicate individuals and missing media items, and a to-do list to keep your research on track.
Create Custom Historical Events for Timelines
Family Tree Maker has a database of historical events from all over the world that can be used in timelines. You can edit, delete, and add to these historical events. In addition, when you create a timeline, Family Tree Maker looks at facts entered for an individual and displays the most location-appropriate historical events.
Keep Locations Consistent
Family Tree Maker contains a place authority database of more than 3 million place names. When you enter a location name into your tree, Family Tree Maker automatically checks each place name against its database, looking for misspellings and missing data, such as missing counties.
Whats New in Family Tree Maker 2014 Platinum Edition:
- New Family View see your family tree in a new way. This additional view makes navigating easier, especially when you want to see extended family members.
- Improved TreeSync lets you easily synchronise your tree in Family Tree Maker with an online Ancestry.co.uk tree.
- A more robust TreeSync lets you sync even more of your family tree info.
- Easily share your tree with your family and work on it together. Family and friends can view the online version of your tree without software or a subscription.
- Collaborate with the largest, most active family history community in the world. Keep your online tree private or make it public so that others researching your family can find you. You may connect with others who have insight on your ancestors, discover rare family photos, or even find relatives you didnt know you had.
- More organisational tools stay organised with new tools that let you sort children automatically by birth order and view people by location, grouping them by country, state, county, and city.
- New and improved charts and reports more options and views let you display an individuals ancestors, spouses, and children together. Also, the Index of Individuals Report has been expanded with options for anniversary, birthday, and contact lists, and more.
- New tree branch export a new export option makes it much simpler to export a single branch of your tree.
- More editing options save time with the ability to copy and paste facts including related source citations, media items, and notes.
- Improved Interface for faster navigation
- The most common complex tasks have now been simplified
- You can now automatically sort families in birth order
- Improve hinting, searching, and merging of Ancestry data
- Its easier to merge all members of the same household
- Improved reliability when merging information
- More print options
- Now includes birthdays, anniversaries, contact lists and more
- Dozens of new chart and report enhancements
- Significantly faster - with added 64-bit support
- Printed Companion Guide to Family Tree Maker 2014 Learn Family Tree Makers most popular features with quick lessons that make research fast and fun. Over 380 pages of info!
- Interactive Training Tutorials Step-by-step hints and tips to help you grow your family tree.