Algebra for Beginners
English | 2015 | mp4 | H264 1280x720 | AAC 2 ch | 3 hrs | 244 MB
eLearning, Academics, Math & Science | Skill level: Beginner level
Taking the mystery out of algebra...
This course is aimed at beginners, those who are just starting out or who are unfamiliar with basic algebra and wanting to refresh their knowledge and skills. It is broken down into bitesize chunks making it suitable for both learning and revising. You will gain an understanding and be able to put in to practice knowledge and skills in the areas of:
- Positive and Negative Numbers
- Order of Operations using BODMAS/BIDMAS/PEMDAS
- Constants, Variables and Expressions
- Collecting Like Terms
- Forming and Solving Equations and more...
If you are wanting to prepare for what lies ahead or simply gain a better understanding in these areas then this course is ideal for you. The engaging and informative videos, course notes and practice questions with worked answers, will help you add algebra to your growing list of mathematical strengths.
What are the requirements?
- Access to a printer would be beneficial.
- A pen and some paper.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 29 lectures and 2 hours of content!
- Use essential algebraic techniques that provide the foundations for more advanced problem solving.
- Understand and be familiar with algebraic terminology.
- Confidently apply skills and knowledge gained from this course in a classroom and examination setting.
- Appreciate why we use algebra and how it is useful in both theoretical and real life situations.
What is the target audience?
- This course is ideal for you if you:
...have little or no understanding of algebra.
...are just starting out.
...are a beginner.
...just ‘didnt get it at school.
...want to refresh your basic algebraic skills.
...are a parent or carer wanting to support your child with their learning.
...want to potentially improve your job prospects by learning new skills.
- It is suitable for all age groups.
- It would not be suitable for you if you have a solid understanding of basic algebraic techniques.